[Tutor] Problems with Gauge Bar.

Olrik Lenstra o.lenstra at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 21:21:18 CEST 2008

>    def onScan(self, event):
>>       self.myfile = open('foo.txt')
>>       self.count = 0
>>       self.setTimer(0.01, self.processLine)
>>
>>   def processLine(self):
>>       line = self.myfile.readline()
>>       if line:
>>           processLine(line)
>>

> This function needs to be defined somewhere obviously!
> It is a global function not a method of your class.

Ah, I got this mixed up. I thought this was a function built into python.
So I would need to define setTimer in the MyClass too.
Is there anything that I can read on timers?

>            self.count += 1
>>           self.myGauge.setValue(count)
>>

> And now you access the attribute you created in __init__ above...

Kind of silly to forget not to make a reference to the gauge bar.
Got that fixed at least.

Thank you so much for replying.

Regards,
Olrik