[Tutor] Firefox Bookmarks

Benjamin Serrato benjamin.serrato at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 07:16:55 CEST 2008

I was trying to learn python a few months back but was distracted. I was up
to OO programming.

I don't like the way bookmarks work in Firefox so, I would like to take the
bookmark file in Firefox 3 and build a markup file from it that shows all of
the bookmarked files under their headers with the bookmark comments
underneath. The bookmark tags that are supported in FF3 would also be
displayed.

The next step would be to make the page and thus the places.sqlite file
editable to reorder bookmarks under specific headers and edit tags at will.
This should allow different attainable, and useful, stages of completion.

Are there any modules I should know about? Specifically How can I read/write
from places.sqlite?