[Tutor] Python WSDL Generation Tools

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 06:35:39 CEST 2008

> I am using SOAPpy for generating web services .I have also written a client
> in python for accessing that web service ,and it works fine.Now when i try
> to make a java client to access the web service created in python ,the java
> client ask me for a wsdl file which is not present .
>
> So i want to know if there is any way in which i can generate the wsdl file
> from existing python module.

yes, it appears that such a file is supposed to be available via the
server.  i'm using SOAPpy as well but only for client stuff.  when i
connect, i use an invocation like this:

proxy = SOAPpy.WSDL.Proxy("https://customer...com/public/SOAP%20Gateway%20files/hsan.wsdl")

anyway, you may wish to start looking at various places such as:
http://www.diveintopython.org/soap_web_services/wsdl.html
http://www.diveintopython.org/soap_web_services/introspection.html
http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/apidocs/wstools/
http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/apidocs/SOAPpy/

hope this helps, and let us know what worked for you!
-- wesley
 http://corepython.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
http://cyberwebconsulting.com