[Tutor] Hoping to benefit from someone's experience...

Marc Tompkins marc.tompkins at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 05:50:54 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 7:10 PM, John Fouhy <john at fouhy.net> wrote:

> Is this any help to you: http://pyrtf.sourceforge.net/

Not so much, because it only produces RTF - it doesn't help me pick apart
the stuff I've already got.
(It did cross my mind to try to create in pyRTF the same structure that I'm
trying to code by hand... but from my quick overview, pyRTF doesn't appear
to deal with "sections" in the same way Word does.  Maybe I'm missing
something, but I didn't see it.)

This, though: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyrtflib/, parses the file and
extracts content from it; it just doesn't seem to pay much attention to the
non-content tags it picks through.  I think I'm going to have to figure out
a way to make the "agnostic" method work.

--
www.fsrtechnologies.com