[Tutor] Which Python Script Editor of Choice?

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Thu Apr 3 21:46:45 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 11:32:54AM -0400, Jeffrey Dates wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So as I'm starting to get into writing some scripts, I'm looking for
> recommendations for a nifty script editor.  Ideally a freeware/shareware
> solution until I can justify a purchase of something more beefy.
>
> Currently I'm using PSPad, however it's pretty dumb and doesn't recognize
> Python context.  Which, I suppose is fine, but would be nice if there was
> one.  Especially since I'm learning.

If you are looking for text editors, this page will give you more
choices than you want:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_text_editors

My favorites are:

- Jed
- Emacs
- SciTE
- Jedit (but only if you have lots of memory)

Jed, Emacs, and SciTE are scriptable.  SciTe, perhaps, is not.

- Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman
http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman