[Tutor] Python / CGI

Eric Walstad eric at ericwalstad.com
Thu Sep 6 19:53:27 CEST 2007

Michael Connors wrote:
> Hi,
> If you have your own server to run it on, I think it would make sense to
> use one of the Python web frameworks that are out there. I used cherrypy
> for my first web-based python project and I found it very easy to learn
> and develop in quickly.
> Regards,
> Michael

I'd argue that sticking with a Python CGI would be a great way to start
because the OP can focus on the basics rather than on the framework API.
 The Python CGI stuff I've written in the past was helpful in my
understanding of how and why Django works the way it does.

After his Web Calendar is functioning as a CGI he'll have lots of ideas
on how to improve it.  A framework might help at that point.

This article looks like it might have some useful information:
[http://python.about.com/od/advancedpython/ss/howtocal.htm]

Sounds like a fun project.

Eric.