[Tutor] Importing Excel sheet data

Steve Willoughby steve at alchemy.com
Thu Sep 6 08:59:11 CEST 2007

saradhi dinavahi wrote:
> I am new to the Python Programming. I want to Import Excel sheet data
> using Python. Can any one please provide me the code and explain the
> basic steps and method of executing the code.

If you can get your Excel data into CSV format, the csv module others
have already mentioned is a great way to go.  It makes it very easy to
read and write CSV-format files, which can be used with other
spreadsheets and other programs, too.

However, if you need to create or input actual Excel worksheets, which
contain more than simple data tables like CSV supports, check out a
third-party module called pyExcelerator.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyexcelerator