[Tutor] replacement for .mainloop() in Tk

Trey Keown trey at opmstech.org
Mon Sep 3 02:31:42 CEST 2007

Okay, I'm making a program that turns xml code into python code. Here's
the an example of input-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<element>
<section name="MAIN">
<window name="self" icon="e.ico" title="Example Window Title">
<button text="click me." command="doButtonClick" />
</window>
</section>
</element>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And here would be the corresponding output (well, what I've got so far...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
from Tkinter import *
import tkFileDialog
#<<<<<Main stuff>>>>>#
self = Tk()
self.title("Example Window Title")
self.iconbitmap("e.ico")
#<<<<<Get to work on button function!!!>>>>>#
#<<<<<End window self>>>>>#
#<<<<<End section>>>>>#
#<<<<<End program>>>>>#

Now, as you probably see, there isn't a "self.mainloop()" function in the
output. My question is-
*Is there any other thing I could use instead of ".mainloop()" to make a
window come up? Because I noticed that only one window can be up at a time
that has a ".mainloop()" attribute.