[Tutor] problem resulting from installing 3.0

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Sep 1 01:20:58 CEST 2007

"Dick Moores" <rdm at rcblue.com> wrote

> and ulipad.pyw. How can I get back to where I was before, without
> that annoying console opening?

Sorry, no idea - thats why I never install alpha software! :-)

> PYTHONPATH:
> E:\Python25\;E:\PythonWork\;E:\Programs\Ulipad3.7\
>
> And another question is, exactly what should go into PYTHONPATH?
> I've
> never been clear about that.

Its what goes into sys.path.

In other words its where your local modules are stored. Using an
environment variable rather than a path file, as is often suggested,
allows each user to have their own module library, and even
multiple libraries by using a script to launch Python that redefines
PYTHONPATH before starting Python. Or you can do it manually.
Much more flexible. I'm a big fan of environment variables!

Alan G