[Tutor] Calling a Method with a Reserved Name

Alex Ezell aezell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 18:39:36 CEST 2007

I am working on building a SOAP client. Unfortunately, one of the
methods the SOAP server provides is named "import." The SOAP server is
written in PHP.

So, my problem is that Python really doesn't like me using the word
"import" to call the SOAP method. The call should look something like
this:

self.call_response = self.soap.import(self.soap_auth, file_name,
import_groups, soap_flags)

Is there any way to call this method despite it's name being a reserved word.

/alex