[Tutor] Increase speed

Øyvind python at kapitalisten.no
Tue Oct 9 11:30:09 CEST 2007

Hello.

I have written a simple application that does a number of simple
calculations. In psudo-code it looks something like below.

The program works fine. However, it seems like I need a supercomputer to
finish the resultwithin a reasonable timeframe, as the var.txt contains a
lot of variables that has to be computed. And, since my budget doesn't
include a supercomputer, I need to optimize the script. I have been able
to half the running-time by flushing the file more seldom, and a little
more by try and fail. However, half is still a looong time. I would like
to increase the speed even more.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should do? Is Stackless Python
an option? Is there some other steps I could take? Some basic steps?

Thanks in advance,
Øyvind

class start:

    filles = open("var.txt","r") into memory

    def oppned(self):
        return randint(0,1)

    def verdier(self):
        increase variable x and y