[Tutor] questions about previous emails

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 6 00:52:10 CEST 2007

"Fangwen Lu" <lu.fangwen at yahoo.com> wrote

> I wonder whether there is a way for searching for previous questions
> and answers so that I don't need to ask simple questions to
> overload the message flows.

There are at leasty 3 archives, two of which are searchable.

The official archive on the Pyhon.org web site (not searchable)

The Activestate archive (searchable)

The Gmane.org news feed archive (searchable)

The latter allows you to receive group email as if it were
a newsgroup rather than email which some (including me!)
find more convenient. (There is also a web interface if you
need it)

Alan G.