[Tutor] Can I create 3D game with python ?

bhaaluu bhaaluu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 11:18:43 CET 2007

Sawatdee,
Look at these books which are all Python game programming books:

1*) Easiest book for beginners just learning Python. Start here.
Python Programming for the Absolute Beginner, Second Edition.
Michael Dawson. ISBN-13: 978-1598631128

2*) Next step, learn Python PyGame 2D game programming.
Game Programming, The L Line, The Express Line to Learning.
Andy Harris. ISBN-13: 978-0470068229

3*) Now you're totally prepared to learn how to write 3D games in Python!
Beginning Game Development with Python and Pygame: From Novice to
Professional. Will McGugan. ISBN-13: 978-1590598726

*1) This book takes you from the most fundamental Python concepts
    through learning classes/OOP while programming simple text-based
    games. The last couple of games are graphical, using the LiveWires
    pygame wrapper.

*2) This book is about 2D game programming with Python and Pygame.
    The book shows you how to create your own graphics, using GIMP, a
    free graphical image manipulation program; your own sound FX, using
    Audacity, a free music editor; and do all the things you need to do to
    create a 2D arcade-style game using Python and the PyGame module.

*3) This book covers 3D game programming with Python, PyGame, and the
    author's free GameObjects module. There are a couple of free chapters
    to download here: http://www.willmcgugan.com/category/tech/python/page/2/
    The GameObjects module is here: http://code.google.com/p/gameobjects/
    and the TOC:
ttp://www.willmcgugan.com/2007/10/07/table-of-contents-for-pygame-book/
    There's a lot of other stuff on McGugan's blog, so take a look.

You can also check out http://www.pygame.org/ for more pygame info.
--
b h a a l u u at g m a i l dot c o m