[Tutor] New Introductory Book

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 03:56:15 CET 2007

> In fact, the topic of our (developing) book was raised in a thread on
> Tutor this past August 9/10th. Ironically, the topic at that time is
> the same as that raised by Chris Calloway's question today, about the
> $102 list price.

fyi, here is a link to the 1st post of the august thread from kent:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2007-August/056230.html

the sale price was excellent back then (45%) but now gone since the
school year's started. :-) at least you can get a 12% discount from
bookpool (but they're [understandably] OoS at the moment). anyhow, i
look fwd to learning something from michael's and david's book.

additionally, here is a short article on pricing in the book industry
that may some more light:
http://publishing.articlesarchive.net/retail-margin-trade-discount-what-it-means-for-the-author.html

cheers,
-- wesley