[Tutor] python exercises

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Wed May 30 21:48:40 CEST 2007

> Anyone know where I can get some python excercises, like
> labs/someone's old homework assignments? I'm learning python without
> any prior experience in programming except for fundamental bash
> scripting and a lot of the terms and functionality doesn't make sense
> to me.

michael,

i put a *lot* of exercises into Core Python (see link below).  there
are exercises at the end of every chapter.  the book, however, targets
those with prior programming experience.  since you've done shell
scripting before, you aren't exactly a complete newbie.  i think what
would also be valuable to you would be the numerous interactive
interpreter examples... you can follow along with or without a
computer in front of you.  seeing all those examples will hopefully
clear up some of the confusion you have now.

if you go to the book's website, there should be a link to download a
free chapter to see if it's right for you.

also, if you have any particular areas of trouble/understanding,
and/or have code snippets, including errors, feel free to post them
here for the tutors to look at.

good luck!
-- wesley
    http://corepython.com