[Tutor] smtplib howto send with a subject line

Mike Hansen Mike.Hansen at atmel.com
Thu May 24 00:06:25 CEST 2007

Take a look at this link again(I think you said you looked at it.)

http://effbot.org/librarybook/smtplib.htm

Notice that the body string has From:, To:, Subject: followed by the
from, to, and subject.

body = string.join((
    "From: %s" % FROM,
    "To: %s" % TO,
    "Subject: %s" % SUBJECT,
    "",
    BODY), "\r\n")

You might need to do something similar to get your subject line although
without the string module since the string methods are built in.

I'm no expert on how to construct e-mail messages, so take this with a
grain of salt. I'm but a simple caveman programmer(*).

Mike

* - Phil Hartman "I'm but a simple caveman lawyer" SNL