[Tutor] Online Rock Paper Sizzors

ALAN GAULD alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 22 10:04:13 CEST 2007

<Forwarding back to list>

----- Original Message ----
From: Amadeo Bellotti <amadeo.bellotti at gmail.com>
To: Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com>
Sent: Friday, 22 June, 2007 3:22:18 AM
Subject: Re: [Tutor] Online Rock Paper Sizzors

no this isn't a home work assignment. Ive never done web programming before i am pretty skilled in python i dont want an application like on a web browser. i want a client that each person can download. honestly i have no clue where to start with a web app once i get started i can probably take over

On 6/21/07, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote:
"Amadeo Bellotti" <amadeo.bellotti at gmail.com> wrote

> any body know where i start with this I want to be able to enter
> user names and keep score for the persons wins and loses anybody
> know how i can  do this?

I recommend you write a web application.

There are many web frameworks available in Python from
basic CGI to Zope and all levels in between.

I use TurboGears which includes login and security as

part of the framework.

Now, what else do you not understand? If you ask more specific
questions you will get more specific answers. Also gicve us some
context.Are you an experienced programmer? Are you experienced

in writing web apps in some other language? In Python? At
what point are you stuck?

Or is it a homework assignment? If so we need to see your
attempts before giving hints.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld