[Tutor] Table of replacements for deprecated fns from 'string' module?

Stephen McInerney spmcinerney at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 14 01:48:42 CEST 2007

Hi,

Where is there a table of replacements for the deprecated 'string' fns
esp. the basic common ones e.g. string.split(), join(), replace(), find(),
http://docs.python.org/lib/node42.html

Are we supposed to use 're' fns even for very simple operations?
that seems like way overkill.
This stuff is badly covered by the docpages.

(the deprecated fns from 'string' module will finally go away in Python 3.0)

Thanks,
Stephen

[This is a repost - I had to resubscribe to the list]