[Tutor] easygui question, again

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 11 09:45:53 CEST 2007

"Rafael Bejarano" <bejarar at sbcglobal.net> wrote

> As I understand it from the description of this list, that is
> exactly
> its purpose--to help people who no relatively little python.

That's true, but usually the folks asking questions are
fairly expert at using their computers so they are familiar
with concepts like command lines, changing directories,
creating text files, setting environment variables etc.
I suspect you are too within the  confines of the MacOS GUI,
the problem is that MacOS is such a good GUI that Mac
users rarely need to use a command line!

Unfortunately programming on any computer requires a
reasonable knowledge of the technical underpinnings of
how the computer works, something many Mac users
don't necessarily have. The easiest way to access
these things is via the Terminal application and the
Unix command prompt. The others are suggesting
that before progressing further you should invest the
time to learn the basics of using the MacOS Unix
command prompt.

In fact I think the only problem here is that you are trying
to use a non-standard module and something is wrong
with how it is set up. (See my other post). If you stick to
the standard Python modules you will be fine.

> Naturally, if the list collectively deems my questions
> inappropriate,

The questions are fine, unfortunately the solutions require
some skills and knowledge that you apparently don't
possess yet. That's OK but this list is not the best place
to learn how to drive MacOS since most members don't
use it. But enough of us do that we should be able to give
you some pointers at least.

Regards,

--
Alan Gauld