[Tutor] [OT] Urgent Help Needed

Stephen Nelson-Smith sanelson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 17:04:02 CEST 2007

On 6/6/07, Tim Golden <mail at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:

> You might want to mention the database (or databases) in
> question. Given the short timeframes, people'd feel more
> confident if it was the system they're familiar with.

Sorry yes.  We have an old (primitive) accounts system, which is
basically one big table, effectively a log of purchases.  This is in
MySQL 4.

We have a new model, which abstracts out into half a dozen tables
representing different entities.  This is going to be in MySQL 5.

What we're trying to do is extract identities from the transaction
table, accounting for things like name changes, company changes.
We've been doing it with SQL statements, and I have some code snippets
I can show.

S.