[Tutor] Which GUI?

scott slewin at rogers.com
Tue Jul 31 23:36:10 CEST 2007

Hi,

	I have been doing some research on the GUI's and noticed it is a very
difficult choice to make which one to write with.  It seems to be even
more difficult than choosing which programming language to use.

	If you don't mind I have a few questions to ask about selecting the
right GUI to program with.

1: I know many people suggest learning more than one programming
language when writing programs and use each programming language like a
tool on a toolbox.  Should one also learn more than one GUI and select
the correct one for each individual program?

2: How have you come to select your favourite GUI(s)?

3: Is there a GUI that is better for developing for Linux?

4: I have read that WxPython is difficult to install on Linux from a
couple different sources.  I have personally never found that a problem.
  Is this true?  Is WxPython a poor choice for a Linux developer?

Thank you for any help you can give me :)

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Ubuntu Version 7.04 (Feisty Fawn)