[Tutor] Shelve del not reducing file size

Barton David David.Barton at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Jul 27 14:37:01 CEST 2007

I mean no offense and lay no blame. It's simply that I feel like I've
been led up a nice gentle beach and suddenly I'm dodging boulders at the
bottom of a cliff.

I've learned to program with Python (and can hardly conceive of a better
language to be honest)- and I still think the core language is great:
elegant, easy to use and brilliantly documented.

But the more I explore the standard library and third party modules, the
more I run into trouble: a chaotic library structure that seems to
conceal capabilities rather than promote them, similar modules that
don't work in similar ways, a whole new level of opaque programming
lingo that makes me feel excluded, behaviours that I don't understand,
don't want, and that I can't find documentation to explain, and so on.

I guess it's not Python's fault: I'm guess I'm just too stupid. But I'm
just getting really disenchanted. Sorry.