[Tutor] adapting a converter openoffice

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 26 23:53:04 CEST 2007

"Tim Michelsen" <timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de> wrote

> Therefore I tried to add this code on top of the original converter:
>
> ###get OOo service started first:
> import os
> code =
> os.system('soffice -headless -accept="socket,port=8100;urp;"')

> when I execute this script nothing happens and I would have to
> cancel it.

When you say nothing happemed I assume you mean the script
never terminated? If so I suspect your command needs to be run
in the background by placing an ampersand at the end, like so:

code = os.system('soffice -headless -accept="socket,port=8100;urp;"
&')

That should result in os.system returning with an exit code.

HTH,

Alan G.