[Tutor] web browser

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Sat Jul 21 19:32:39 CEST 2007

max baseman wrote:
> has anyone ever written a web browser with python and Tkinter? if so
> is there any documentation on it? if not does anyone know if their
> which tutorials i should read if i wanted to write one for my apple?
>
> i don't know vary much Tkinter so i was going to start there
> then i thought i would be using the urllib and urllib2 modules which
> i know a little about
> know i don't know how i would display the html i can get the html of
> any site with urllib but how to show it in Tkinter?

There was a project to develop a Python web browser, called Grail, but
it is long dead.

wxPython has support for displaying HTML, that might be a better place
to start than Tkinter.

I don't know what your goal is, if it is just to learn and play then go
for it, but if you are a beginning programmer and seriously thinking
about creating a full-featured web browser...well, you should probably
take on something smaller first.

Kent