[Tutor] how do I input " as part of a string?

Luke Paireepinart rabidpoobear at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 05:49:57 CEST 2007

elis aeris wrote:
> I actually meant to type send, because the text file is then going to
> read by auto it 3, which
> has the function send
> <http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/Send.htm>
> I use that functions this way because I have this
> <http://rentacoder.com/RentACoder/misc/BidRequests/ShowBidRequest.asp?lngBidRequestId=719268>
> for sale , for that, unless someone wants to make 100USd, I have to
> write a application interface between the two, which is what I am doing.
So instead of taking the time to learn Python, which would've made this
an easy project, you are just going to keep trying stuff until something
works?
And you're getting us to help you to brute-force this problem, when the
actual purpose of this list is to help people learn python?
I don't see any reason why I should continue to reply to you, or why
anyone else should, for that matter.
It's frustrating that this deluge of messages from you, that you could
honestly solve yourself in a few minutes if you had any desire
whatsoever to learn, is getting in the way of people who are actually
trying to learn.  Not only by way of taking up the exceptional tutors'
(Alan, Kent, etc) time reading and rereading the same problem you have
over and over, that is slightly different, but also that I (and likely
others) get pretty peeved when you aren't picking up on the obvious
hints that everyone's dropping that you should stop working on this
project until you learn the fundamentals of programming in Python.

I feel my time has been wasted, because every e-mail I send to you that
has constructive advice, you just ignore.
Answers, answers, solutions, solutions!
That's not what we do here!
We give you hints and guidance so you can solve the problems yourself,
so that you can _understand_ them, and so that you will know how to
solve the next problem that arises that is similar.  Yet all I've seen
from you is slightly different problems cropping up over and over, and
obvious fundamental lack of understanding not only of the method in
which to implement a solution to a problem, but also in formulating a
solution in the first place.

The previous e-mail of this nature I wrote was significantly less
coarse, but more detailed in the manner in which you could proceed, so
that you would learn properly, and it went ignored.  Do I have your
attention?

(Apologies to Alan et. al. for my tactlessness.)
-Luke