[Tutor] Resource request

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 9 22:24:46 CEST 2007

"Tony Noyeaux" <tnoyeaux at msn.com> wrote

> I am looking for a good online resource for
>
> the "def Menu"

def is the command for defining a function.
Menu, in this vcase, is the name of the function being defined.

You will find functions explained in the Modules and Functions
topic of my tutorial.

> and/or "elif choice" commands.

I'm not sure why you think its a case of and/or? You need
to know about elif quite apart from, and in addition to, functions.

The use of if/elif/else is described in the branching topic
of my tutorial.

Given your questions it sounds like you are a beginner to
programming in general, not just Python. In which case
you should consider going through any of the tutorials
listed here:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/NonProgrammers

possibly mine! :-)

--