[Tutor] pop up window

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 2 23:56:21 CEST 2007

"Thorsten Kampe" <thorsten at thorstenkampe.de> wrote in message
news:f6ahb5$drg$1 at sea.gmane.org...
>* elis aeris (Mon, 2 Jul 2007 02:32:07 -0700)
>> i won't do that again, i am a 2 day newbie (hello)
>>
>> uh,
>>
>> how about a less quick one that's built-in in python ?
>
> Are you replying to me? Please quote the parts you are referring to.
> Anyway, Python does not come with "built-in pop-up support".

Depends what you mean by 'built-in'. The tkinter package includes
the common dialogs which do most of what EasyGUI does(but not all)

But for simple message boxes its OK.

Check my GUI topic in my tutorial (which is now back online again)
for simple examples.

Here is one:

import tkMessageBox
tkMessageBox.showinfo("Window Text", "A short message")

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site