[Tutor] Best IDE for Python

Eike Welk eike.welk at gmx.net
Fri Jan 26 03:55:22 CET 2007

On Thursday 25 January 2007 04:12, Shadab Sayani wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am using vim editor to code my project in python.Is there a
> good  IDE  where in I type the name of the class object and then
> dot  then all the attributes of the object are displayed so on.I

I use Pydev, it is a plugin for the Eclipse IDE. Pydev does syntax
completion, and also shows the documentation. It can run pylint and
then cover your screen with red and yellow marks that show bad code.

It is however too slow for large packages like numpy or scipy. After
typing: 'from scipy inport *' it will pause for about half a minute
when you type a dot.

It is here:
http://pydev.sourceforge.net/

You must first install Eclipse (SDK) to use it:
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/

Kind regards,
Eike.