[Tutor] Clustering?

Carlos carloslara at web.de
Tue Jan 16 19:05:03 CET 2007

Hallo ,

Andre thanks a lot for your help, seems to me like  my script can work
with your function.

I found this searching the internet:

cluster 1.1.1b2
python-cluster is a "simple" package that allows to create several
groups (clusters) of objects from a list

>>> from cluster import *
>>> data = [12,34,23,32,46,96,13]
>>> cl = HierarchicalClustering(data, lambda x,y: abs(x-y))
>>> cl.getlevel(10)     # get clusters of items closer than 10
[96, 46, [12, 13, 23, 34, 32]]
>>> cl.getlevel(5)      # get clusters of items closer than 5
[96, 46, [12, 13], 23, [34, 32]]

I would like to give it a try because I have the impression that it can
be helpful too. My problem now is the lambda function, I was wondering
if someone could be so kind as to give me an example that could work in
my list with nested tuples.

Thanks again!
Carlos