[Tutor] display text in colors

LandSurveyor chiselchip at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 1 22:16:34 CET 2007

Oh!...sorry.  My OS is Mandrake 10.1.
Coupla other little 'minor' details I sorta left out.  I had attempted to echo a random string on my command line by surrounding it with [again] the same color-code that works on my CLI prompt line ($PS1).  That was the color coding I had tried to inject into a likely(?) spot in my code script.  i.e., I have sort of approached this is a shell (rather than Python) issue, by trying to invoke an OS command (from inside my script) that-maybe-otherwise works.
BTW, I couldn't get anything to work on the command line either:

... at myprompt$ >>echo \[\e[31;1m\]"See if this goes to color red?"\[\e\0m\]