[Tutor] wav audio playback

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 26 10:06:34 CET 2007

"Isaac" <hyperneato at gmail.com> wrote
> """
> RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module _portaudio:
> This
> Python has API version 1013, module _portaudio has version 1012.
>  import _portaudio as pa   """
>
> It does play sound but how can I get rid of this error?

You need an updated binary.

> Is there another, better, sound playback module that anyone
> recommend I
> could use?

On a Mac you could use the native QuickTime  stuff in MacOS.
There should be examples on the MacPython mailing list
archives and web site. And Apples quickTime documentation
is extensive. I suspect you will need the Cocoa extensions
but ISTR they come with the MacPython download.

Of course that then makes your code Mac dependant.

Alan G.