[Tutor] Add metadata to a dir of files.

Mark Bystry mabystry at verizon.net
Thu Feb 22 17:35:42 CET 2007

Ok. I'm not sure what programming language I want to try this in...since I'm not sure how to write
this in any language (thought I'd give python a try.

Here's my problem: I have a directory full of about 2,000 pdf files. I want to be able to add the
same comment to the "Category" field of each file (in the document properties of the file). So I am
looking to batch process pdf files (or any filetype, i guess) to add some metadata.

My needs are very similar to tagging mp3 files.

Since I'm still new to python I don't even know how to get started. Can someone provide sample code
that maybe I could expand upon or point to a link somewhere so I can read up on the subject?

I would appreciate it.

Thank-you,

Mark