[Tutor] storing text in databases

Chae M pine508 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 22 04:01:01 CET 2007

Is it a reasonable idea to store text (a few hundred words each
record) in a database?  I'm learning to use the SQLite database
that comes with Python, and it seems like a good idea in terms
of being able to search for notes, etc.  My specific questions:

- Can formatting of text be stored or is it always only raw text?
- What is the upper limit on the size of a stored document?  I.e.,
  would this also work for big documents (10-100 pages?)
- Is this a good idea/can it work?

TIA,
CM