[Tutor] Visual Basic versus Python.. What to choose??

Don Taylor nospamformeSVP at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 15:49:05 CET 2007

Asrarahmed Kadri wrote:

> I want to develop an application which uses a database and some forms to
> enter/modify the database.
> The application should also generate reports based on some fields.
>
> What should I be using? Python or VB...

That is both a religious question, and fighting words...

> I want to use Python.. IN that case, what should be my choice for the
> Database..

Ahhh, that is ok then.

Assuming this is not a web-based application, then take a look at the
Dabo framework:

http://dabodev.com/

It supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, Firebird and SQLite backends at the moment.

Take a look through the screencasts to get an idea about what Dabo can
do for you.

http://dabodev.com/documentation

Don.