[Tutor] report service

János Juhász janos.juhasz at VELUX.com
Mon Feb 19 10:23:11 CET 2007

Dear Kent,

> > May someone recommend any simple solution to distribute some dozen
> > parametrizable sql reports
> > for some dozen users with a minimal access controll.
> > Some kind of charting possibilty needed, but I needn't web-based front
end.

> I'm not sure I understand your requirements. Do you want a way for a
> dozen users to be able to create reports from a database, where they
> select some parameters and create the report on demand?

Currently I have some crystal reports, some dozen excel tables with simple
or complicated
database queries and some delphi programs with some grids and sometimes
with charts.
All of these 'reports' and it's contents are managed by the IT department.
My dream to have a central repository of database reports,
organized based on the workflow and controlled by the controlling
department.
The distribution can be made by filesystem level (each report a separate
file),
or by application level (the report manager shows a tree with the
accessible reports).

The candidates are till now:
 crystal report server
 ms reporting services