[Tutor] control multiple FTP sessions using multiple ip connectionsvia different com ports

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 17 18:55:03 CET 2007

"ray sa" <bizag007 at yahoo.com> wrote

>  I have been successful to write an ftp script that logs
> into a server and collects files.

> ...I would like to run multiple ftp sessions using one laptop
> with two different connections.

Do you mean you want the server on the laptop accepting
using two connections or do you mean that you want
the client on the laptop and have different sessions sending
outgoing requests to the server via two different IP addresses?

If the former its easy, just set up two servers, one on each
IP address. The port will nbe the same on both, ISTR its port
21 for ftp?

If you want to specify which IP address you send the
client request from, I'm afraid I have no idea how you specify
that. I've only ever used multiple network cards at the server
end!

> another connection using your EDGE terminal

As a matter of interest what is an EDGE terminal?
A new term for me...

> I would like to write a script that controls which ip
> address to use or with com port to use.

Until we know which end you mean its hard to hgive more
specific advice.

Alan G.