[Tutor] Python for Sysadmins

Steve Nelson sanelson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 16:15:54 CET 2007

Hello chaps,

So further to the MapReduce question, it helped greatly, and I got the
job, so I'll now be programming Ruby for a living...

Before I leave my present job, I've been asked to put together a day's
course on Python for Sysadmins.  This is mainly to enable them to
maintain my code, and give them a flavour for what Python is, how it
works, and give them somewhere to begin going on to learn.

I'd like some suggestions for a course outline - bear in mind I'll
only have a day for the course.  The attendees are all sysadmins with
a UNIX background, and are reasonably comfortable with shell, but
nothing else.

Any ideas?

S.