[Tutor] What should go in a module?

Don Taylor nospamformeSVP at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 20:14:37 CET 2007

I am looking for advice on module size.

When I first came upon Python my initial thought was to package very
closely-related things into modules. Modules would be small, and may
contain a single class or function.  An application would consist of
lots of modules.

Now I am wondering if this is the best strategy.   Is it better to
package everything together into a single module and use separate
modules only when that code might usefully be shared between different
applications.

I am really just asking about applications here, not libraries or
frameworks.

TIA.

Don.