[Tutor] python logging module: two handlers writing to the same file - okay?

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Sun Dec 16 22:42:07 CET 2007

Hans Fangohr wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> thanks to everybody who replied to my question.
>
> On 15 Dec 2007, at 16:34, Kent Johnson wrote:
>
>> Ricardo Aráoz wrote:

> What is the recommended method to make such a suggestion to the python
> team, or the people who look after the logging module?

You could post a feature request (possibly including a patch or
suggested implementation) to the Python bug tracker:
http://www.python.org/dev/patches/

You could contact the developer directly via the feedback link here:
http://www.red-dove.com/python_logging.html

You could start a discussion on comp.lang.python.

Note: when I was researching my original answer I found a thread about a
similar problem with shelve. The discussion was not sympathetic to the
OP for two reasons:
- in general it's difficult to determine if the same file is being
opened twice
- it is trying too hard to protect the programmer against himself.
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_frm/thread/4aafd9a8192cfbe7/5803ea195210a28f?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=open+file+twice#5803ea195210a28f