[Tutor] Selecting a browser

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Tue Dec 4 14:14:52 CET 2007

Ricardo Aráoz wrote:
> Tim Golden wrote:
>> Agreed. But it would be more constructive to offer a simple
>> patch to the webbrowser docs.

You don't even need to give a formal patch. Just write the doc change in
plain text and submit it as a bug.

> Ok, I took a look. Nice link to know [1], I've added it to my links.
>
> Sadly ValueError is not mentioned in the rst

Usually the exceptions that can be raised by a function are *not*
documented.

IMO what is missing from the docs is the ability to provide a full path
to webbrowser.get(). All of these are valid arguments, and they all have
a different meaning:

get('firefox')
get('/path/to/firefox %s')
get('/path/to/firefox %s &')