[Tutor] windows api

elis aeris hunter92383 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 16:16:11 CET 2007

this code uses windows api, but where do I find documentation about how to
use them?

import time
import ImageGrab # Part of PIL
from ctypes import *

#time.sleep(5)

# Load up the Win32 APIs we need to use.
class RECT(Structure):
    _fields_ = [
    ('left', c_ulong),
    ('top', c_ulong),
    ('right', c_ulong),
    ('bottom', c_ulong)
    ]

# time.sleep(2)

GetForegroundWindow = windll.user32.GetForegroundWindow
GetWindowRect = windll.user32.GetWindowRect

# Grab the foreground window's screen rectangle.
rect = RECT()
foreground_window = GetForegroundWindow()
GetWindowRect(foreground_window, byref(rect))
image = ImageGrab.grab((rect.left, rect.top, rect.right, rect.bottom))

# Save the screenshot as a BMP.
image.save("C:\projects\screenshot.bmp")