[Tutor] Python Book Recommendations [Was:[Re: Security]]

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Thu Aug 16 11:18:10 CEST 2007

Hey bhaaluu and list,

> Have you seen this site yet?
>
> http://osl.iu.edu/~lums/swc/
Many many thanks for this link.
Although it should be the most obvious to head to the source
(python.org) I didn't go there.

The above mentioned tutorial seem to cover exactly what I need and where
I want do dig deeper it gives valuable references and links for futher
readings.
I'd recommend this to any non-programmer who likes to learn python to
solve his "real-life" computer problems that arise in his/her science
field of origin like earth/geo science, biology, physics or engineering.
Once I will have finished this tutorial I may decide whether I by
another book or not.

> Another site that seems really helpful for scientists wanting
> to learn Python is:
> http://www.pasteur.fr/formation/infobio/python/
This one had already been mentioned on this thread, I guess.

Regards,
Timmie