[Tutor] Livewires - stuck on a class

Tonu Mikk tmikk at umn.edu
Wed Aug 15 19:19:54 CEST 2007

Alan Gauld wrote:
> "Tonu Mikk" <tmikk at umn.edu> wrote
>

>> I create more robots in this way which seems to work:
>> class Robot:
>>    pass
>>

> By using an empty class you are losing m,uch of the power of classes.

I would need to learn more to handle the classes better.  In this case,
I am following the Livewires tutorial pretty closely which uses an empty
class.
>> def move_robot():
>>    for x in robots:
>>        while 1:
>>            if robot.x + 0.5< player.x and robot.y +0.5< player.y:
>>

> You are doing *for x in robots* but then moving *robot* not x.

Yes, that was my mistake.  I changed the line to "for robot in robots:"
and now it works!

> Also it would be better IMHO to use if/elif rather than all those
> if/breaks.

I followed your advice here.  It does make the code a bit more clear.

Thanks a lot,

Tonu