[Tutor] LosingtheexpressivenessofC'sfor-statement?/RESENDwithexample

Stephen McInerney spmcinerney at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 13 12:31:36 CEST 2007

I didn't suggest embedding C-specific stuff in the documentation;
I merely said the current tutorial is deficient on this topic; this is more
so important since the language is currently a moving target (as the
comments about the increasing power of list comprehensions prove my point.
Many Python people are still not aware that basic loops can be done away
with via list comprehensiosn with an if conditional qualifier)

I gave an idea of what I'm proposing: very simple one-liners like:
"Idiomatic translation of for-loops in Python may involve the following:
list comprehensions / iterators / while-loop / generators (or
special-purpose functions e.g. builtin quicksort() ))
That's the sort of thing: a very compact signpost to other related topics.

Not embedding pages of stuff - that rightly goes in the migration guide
suggested.
the philosophy of the (C) language design.
Thanks for the links but the moin wiki one seems dead.

I do not have time now to write up my suggested doc changes, but I will do
that in the next few weeks and post here.

Regards,
Stephen