[Tutor] superscript with easydialogs

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 7 09:11:30 CEST 2007

"Tiger12506" <keridee at jayco.net> wrote

>> It turns out, no, Unicode won't work, but using x\99 for the TM
>> character
>> does, at least on my system (no idea if this will be universal):
>
> That's strange. Windows is Unicode based!

Unicode is effective at the font level. You need to have a font that
supports the extended characters. The standard System font, which
I think is what easyDialogs uses is a relic of the original Windows
3.0
and predates unicode.

You can see which characters are supported by which font using
the character map application found in Accessories. Arial for example
does not appear to have the TM symbol as a character.

HTH,

Alan G.