[Tutor] Which GUI?

Richard Querin rfquerin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 15:34:00 CEST 2007

On 8/2/07, scott <slewin at rogers.com> wrote:

> I was thinking about finding a copy of that book, so maybe starting
> WxPython would be easier then and not worry about Tkinter.  Is "WxPython
> in Action" a very good book?

I'm no programmer by trade, but dabble in Python/wxPython for fun and
bought the book several months ago. I've found it to be very good.
There are a lot of good online tutorials as well, but I was never sure
if they were up to date with the later versions of the framework - so
the book was blessing to me. I found the book to be very useful and
clearly written. It's no reference manual (the online docs serve that
purpose) but I think it really helped me get a good foundation in how
to program with wxPython. IMO a good book is still more useful and
efficient than online articles or tutorials for a newbie (like me)
most of the time. It's nice to be able to thumb through and study some
concept without flipping back and forth to some web page.

I own a lot of computer books, and I've found Learning Python (an
O'Reilly Book) and wxPython in Action to be my two most useful ones.

RQ