[Tutor] + converted to 25 in http string

govind goyal govindgoyal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 14:06:59 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am using http to automate my Access point(AP) configuration where I sent
following strings to AP server through script.

params = urllib.urlencode
({'WRegion':"USA",'ssid':"wifi",'ap':"ap",'ssid_enable':"ssid_enable",*
'wire_mode':"b+only",*
'w_channel':6,'lan_ac':"everyone",'int_ac':"everyone"})

Above string I captured using a tool ethereal and then implementing this in
my script.
But the problem is that when I run this script all configurations in AP are
OK except the parameter marked as bold in above string.

I used the same tool ethereal to see what string is actually passing to
Access point while I run my script and I got following:

 params = urllib.urlencode
({'WRegion':"USA",'ssid':"wifi",'ap':"ap",'ssid_enable':"ssid_enable",*
'wire_mode':"b25only",*
'w_channel':6,'lan_ac':"everyone",'int_ac':"everyone"})

In conclusion,the character "+" is getting converted into"25" whenever I run
script.Thats why all other configuartions are OK except above mentioned
case.

Can anybody help to resolve this issue?

Best Regards,

Govind Goyal