[Tutor] IDE / development environment

Luke Paireepinart rabidpoobear at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 16:37:47 CEST 2007

Angela K. Foughty wrote:
> Hey, you know what?  Whether someone replies to the list address or your
> address, it's still going to end up in your mailbox, so chill out.  It's
> a simple matter to change the list preferences to make the list address
> the reply-to address.  If the list owner won't do that, your beef is
> with him and not with people who reply to posts, and meanwhile, I'm
> tired of getting your complaints in MY mailbox.

It would be really funny if Rikard wrote a scathing rebuttal here and
forgot to hit reply-all and sent it direct to you. :D
Seriously, though.  Let us not start any flameage.  It was so nice and
cool in here.
I think Rikard is pretty justified in complaining.  It's pretty annoying
when replies obviously meant for the list aren't sent there,
and you have to act as the middle-man, forwarding their e-mails for
them.  Why'd we set up this intricate system of interconnected computers
if humans end up doing the routing?
On the other hand, it's not too hard to have a nicer attitude about it.
"Please stop replying to my mailbox," for example.
Angela - I don't think it's so much that the e-mail is in his inbox,
just that it's in ONLY his inbox, and he feels bad letting it rot there,
for fear that the person who can't remember whether to use reply or
reply-all for this group may have had something useful to contribute -
and he thus is forced to route their messages to the list and take up
his valuable time.
-Luke