[Tutor] DOTNETNUKE 4.5

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 15 21:05:05 CEST 2007

"Gene Astley" <ermastley at charter.net> wrote

> I am an administrator in charge of creating and maintaining
> our web site. I use Dreamweaver/Front Page composition tools.

Fairly conventional, good tools.

> I am being urged to convert to DOTNETNUKE 4.5.

By whom and why?
Is there a rational reason for the change or simply
a religious fervour for something new?

There is a strong case for "if it aint broke don;t fix it...."

> This is a open source Framework for Creating Enterprise
> Web Applications. They say it is built on Microsoft ASP.net
> (VB,Net) platform.

Not in itself an argument for change unless the rest of your
organisation are heavily into .NET

> Do you have an opinion of whether it is better than
> Dreamworks and will it be compatible with python?

There is a .NET version of Python so I suppose that would
work. Beyond that I'd need to find out more about it. But you
can use the Dreamweaver stuff to develop ASP and .NET web
apps too - although unless you have a specific reason there's
no need to.

It all sounds slightly odd to me! If that's your biggest worry
then you don't have too much to be concerned about
IMHO. :-)

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site