[Tutor] Talking between C++ & Python ?

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Fri Apr 6 12:36:35 CEST 2007

Dave S wrote:

> Yep both apps are on the same machine, the company just wants to put a
> corporate GUI on my Python code to claim it as their own because they cant
> work out how to convert some of the Python to C++ - I leverage the Python
> interpreter parsing to evaluate some fairly complex and user changeable
> logical expressions + I have written a class that sits on top of Reportlab to
> generate the PDF manuals. They don't want to re-write that either :)

Why not write the GUI in Python too?

Another option is to embed the Python interpreter in the C++ program,
rather than making it a separate program. This might be a good fit for
your requirements.

> SQLite ? - just Googled it and it looks interesting. Licence seems OK too -
> these guys are allergic to the GPL - reportlab is BSD. That's another reason
> that they want their own GUI - QT4 on windows ....

Why is QT4 a problem? If they want QT4, presumably they already have a
commercial license. If they don't want QT4, use Tkinter or wxPython.

Kent